Cleco offers cold weather tips for colder months
PINEVILLE, La. – Nov. 11, 2019 – As temperatures drop and winter nears, Cleco offers cold weather tips to help customers conserve energy and stay warm during the colder months.
The first day of winter is Dec. 21.
“The lower the temperature is outside, the harder a heating system has to work to keep your home or business warm,” said Hammad Chaudhry, Cleco’s energy efficiency program manager. “During the winter months, customers should set their thermostats no higher than 68 degrees, if possible, for maximum efficiency.”
Cleco encourages customers to use the following tips to conserve energy and stay warm during the colder months:
• Set your thermostat at 68 degrees Fahrenheit, if possible.
• Heat is lost through doors, windows, cracks around baseboards and electrical outlets. Weather-stripping and caulking in these areas can help prevent heat loss.
• If using a space heater, make sure the plug isn’t frayed or torn, as it could start a fire, and keep heaters away from anything that can burn, including papers, clothing and rugs.
• Open drapes, shades and curtains during the day to take advantage of solar heat.
• Close drapes, shades and curtains at night to retain heat inside.
For more conservation and energy efficiency tips, visit www.cleco.com/energyefficiency and take advantage of Cleco’s energy efficiency program, Power Wise™.
Cleco Corporate Holdings LLC is a regional energy holding company that conducts its business operations through its subsidiaries, Cleco Power LLC and Cleco Cajun LLC. Cleco Power is a regulated electric public utility company that owns nine generating assets with a total nameplate capacity of 3,310 MWs and serves approximately 290,000 customers in Louisiana through its retail business and supplies wholesale power in Louisiana and Mississippi. Cleco Cajun is an unregulated utility company that owns eight generating assets with a total nameplate capacity of 3,555 MWs, with contracts serving nine Louisiana cooperatives, five wholesale municipal customers and one electric utility. For more information about Cleco, visit us at www.cleco.com.